Article

Aldborough House

Aldborough House

Aldborough House

Aldborough House (Portland Row, Dublin 1) — built in 1796 by Edward Stratford, second Earl of Aldborough and Viscount Amiens, Aldborough House is amongst the most important surviving historic houses in Dublin. Located on Portland Row, it was the last great mansion to be built in Dublin city during the second half of the 18th century. It had since become a Feinaglian School, and afterwards a military barrack, branch of the General Post Office, the headquarters of IMRO (Irish Music Rights Organization), and then into the ownership of a number of private developers during the “Celtic Tiger” days of the 1990s.